The 2021 KettleHouse Amphitheater Season is upon us and we want to make sure everyone is aware of all the ways to be a sustainable concertgoer – so here’s a little Going Green Guide to help along the way.
Bike, carpool, or shuttle to the show.
• A bike trip from Downtown Missoula to KettleHouse Amphitheater is less than 9 miles and only takes about 45 minutes. Not to mention it’s a gorgeous ride, can save you money, and it’s a great pre-show workout! There are bike racks outside of the venue that you can lock your bike to.
• Carpooling is simple and can be fairly gas efficient, but if you plan on parking in the Amp parking lot, you’ll need to purchase a parking pass. Also, please make sure you always have a sober driver. Both Uber and Lyft will make trips to and from the Amp as well.
• Shuttles are fun, easy, and very convenient. The Top Hat shuttle takes you to the Amp and back to the Top Hat once the show is over. All you have to do is purchase a round trip shuttle pass and most of the work is done for you. Plus, you get to ride along with friends and fellow fans, which can be pretty awesome!
Ditch the plastic.
• Bring an empty reusable bottle or steel pint cup to fill with water once you’re inside the venue. Water fill stations are located at each bar.
• If you don’t bring your own water bottle, you can purchase a recyclable Boxed Water from the bar. There are special receptacles to place the container in when you’re finished, or you can reuse it for the next show.
Bonus: Snap a photo of your Boxed Water and share it to social media with #BetterPlanet and Boxed Water will plant two trees! Make sure to tag @LogjamPresents so we can share it too.
• You can also purchase Klean Kanteen Reusable Cups & Water Bottles inside the venue. The Klean Kanteen steel pint cups can be filled with beer too!
Most everything served at KettleHouse Amphitheater is compostable or recyclable.
• All of our cups, plates, cutlery, food scraps, straws, napkins, and paper towels are compostable and should go in the green compost bins.
• Cans, aluminum bottles, tickets, paper, and non-compostable plastic should go in the blue recycling bins.
• If you bring anything that’s not recyclable or compostable, please make sure it goes in the grey or black landfill bin.
• Most importantly, please abide by the “Leave No Trace” principle. Before you leave the venue, please make sure to pick up all your waste and dispose of it in the proper place, whether that’s the compost, recycling, or landfill bin.
We’re super thankful to live in such a gorgeous area and have our venue located along the beautiful Blackfoot River. Let’s all do what we can to minimize waste, clean up after ourselves and keep this place in pristine condition. We sincerely appreciate everyone’s help with this. Together, we can help Missoula reach its shared goal of #ZeroByFifty.