Reopening Responsibly: Reconnecting with our community in the new normal
Top Hat Restaurant & Bar is open with limited capacity in-house dining and take-out
VIEW a detailed list of preventative measures we are taking to ensure the safety of patrons and our staff.
Social distancing to the next level! The Top Hat’s new private geo domes seat 2-6 and are perfect for staying warm and cozy while enjoying local food and drink through the winter months.
– 2 hour time block $20
– $10/hr for additional hour if available
– Full service food & drinks
– Space heaters provided in domes
*Reservations are final & non-refundable
*Reservations can be moved given at least 24 hour notice
How to reserve:
– Call Top Hat
– Pick a date/time
– Pay reservation fee
bbq bacon gouda chicken sandwich | 15
buttermilk breaded fried chicken, garlic aioli, smokey BBQ sauce, shredded lettuce, gouda cheese
yakisoba stir fry noodle bowl | 15
sesame chili oil, red bell pepper, onion, mushroom, broccoli, ginger, green onion, choice of protein; chicken, tofu, shrimp, setain or veggie (sub steak + $1.00)
cajun pasta | 16
house-made fettuccine, shrimp, local andouille sausage, onions, red bell peppers, cajun cream sauce, green onions, garlic bread
flutes of chi | 8
anthem apple cider, goldschlager, fireroot apple jill brandy
my old pal | 8
dry hills bin 7 wheat whiskey, dry vermouth, campari
heaven was a drink of wine | 8
pinot noir, triple sec, vanilla simple, cinnamon
sweet potato steak| 15
fried brussels sprouts, local oyster mushrooms, shallots, ginger sherry gastrique | V, GF
ginger pork lettuce wraps | 14
montana raised grass fed pork, mushrooms, cashews, pickled onions, pickled radishes, red cabbage, apples, carrots | DF, GF
poke bowl | 16
wild-caught ahi, cucumber, avocado, radish, basmati rice, sriracha aioli, green onion, sesame seeds, local microgreens | DF, GF
chicken pot pie | 15
house-made pie crust, choice of salad
green chili and cheese tamale | 14
charro beans and rice, cilantro, smokey red salsa, roaster tomatillo salsa | VG, GF
bibimbap korean rice bowl | 18
korean bbq flank steak, local sesame ginger oyster mushrooms, roasted tomato, spinach, garlic zucchini, carrots, house fermented hot sauce, basmati rice | GF, DF
rotating house-made pasta
wisconsin cheddar burger | 14
mannix grass fed beef, white cheddar sauce, local bacon, fried onions, garlic aioli
gouda bacon burger | 14
mannix grass fed beef, smoked gouda, sautéed mushrooms and onions, house-made steak sauce, garlic aioli
classic cheeseburger | 13
mannix grass fed beef, sharp cheddar, dressed greens, tomatoes, onions, house-made pickles, smoked tomato aioli
chimichurri fried chicken sandwich | 13
chimichurri aioli, house-made pickles, cilantro carrot slaw, pickled red onions
sirloin french dip | 16
provolone, garlic aioli, au jus
SOUPS & SIDES
daily soup special | cup 4 | bowl 6
house-made tater tots | 4
house-made fries | 4
ahi taco | 16
wild-caught ahi tuna, mango salsa, avocado cilantro lime vinaigrette, red cabbage, corn tortillas | GF, DF
fish tacos | 14
fresh cod, kettlehouse cold smoke beer batter, pico de gallo, cabbage slaw
thai pork tacos | 14
cucumbers, pickled carrots, radishes, cilantro, thai pepper peanut coconut sauce | DF
thai vegan tacos | 13
seitan, cucumbers, pickled carrots, radishes, cilantro, thai pepper peanut coconut sauce | V, DF
caesar | small 7 |large 11
romaine, parmesan, garlic croutons
cauliflower quinoa kale | small 8 |large 13
baby kale, roasted cauliflower, carrot, parmesan, tahini vinaigrette | VG
fig walnut | small 8 | large 12
goat cheese, balsamic vinaigrette, mixed greens | VG
seitan 4 | chicken 4 | shrimp 5 | steak 7 | wild pacific salmon 7
pecan pie | 8
fresh whipped cream
bruleed peanut butter s’more | 7
house-made peanut butter marshmallow, shortbread graham cracker, hot fudge
warm blackberry cobbler | 8
big dipper vanilla bean ice cream
hot fudge sundae | 6
big dipper vanilla bean ice cream, whipped cream, maraschino cherry | GF
Why local partners such as the Mannix Family Farm? The Top Hat Restaurant & Bar strives to incorporate the best ingredients in our house-made eats. With Mannix, we are using 100% grass-fed beef, that is dry aged for optimal flavor and tenderness. There are no feedlots or grain used in raising the beef. No growth hormones or antibiotics used. Taste the difference.
More than just a salad. The Top Hat Restaurant and Bar is offering a series of health-conscious specials designed for those who are tired of modifying restaurant dishes to meet a more restrictive diet.
Incorporating ingredients such as lean meats, fish, fruit, vegetables, healthy oils and nuts while excluding grains, dairy products, and processed foods. Many of the entrees will meet the requirements of a paleo diet while staying true to the Top Hat model – locally sourced and house-made.
VG = vegetarian | DF = dairy free | GF = gluten free | V = vegan | P = paleo
Working in close partnership with the Missoula City-County Health Department, the Top Hat Restaurant has taken the following precautions to limit exposure to COVID-19
- Cashless Transactions. The Top Hat will be moving towards a cashless environment, encouraging all customers to pay by card.
- Social distancing between all tables. The restaurant will significantly reduce its maximum occupancy so that tables can be spaced at least 6 feet apart from each other.
- Controlled customer flow. A hostess will manage the arrival and seating of customers with a designated waiting area near the front door.
- Groups limited to six patrons. While all tables will be spaced 6 feet apart, no single table will be allowed to have more than six customers. This is in compliance with the Missoula Health Department guidance.
- In-depth staff training. All staff will be required to participate in our COVID-19 training prior to working any shifts.
- Disposable menus. The Top Hat will only offer disposable menus for our table service. All menus will be thrown out after each service.
- Frequent server hand washing. Through discussions with the Missoula Health Department, we have determined that constant hand washing is more effective than wearing gloves. As a result, servers will be required to constantly wash their hands throughout their shift, but will not be wearing gloves.
- Protective face masks for all staff. All kitchen, delivery and front of house staff will be required to wear protective face masks while on duty. Servers will be required to turn in their masks after each shift for our custodial staff to wash. This will ensure all face masks remain sterile and clean for each new shift.
- Dedicated sanitization staff. Dedicated bussers will be responsible for clearing tables after each seating and will fully sanitize tables prior to the next seating.
- Continuous sanitization. Top Hat staff will continue thorough and frequent sanitation practices in the dining room, bathrooms, server stations, and kitchen area during service hours.
- Daily deep clean. Our in-house custodian staff will conduct a deep clean each day before service.
- Strict compliance of all deliveries. The Top Hat will require all vendors and third-party partners to wear protective face masks when entering any portion of the Top Hat. Additionally, the Top Hat staff will wipe down and fully sanitize all food and beverage deliveries prior to those deliveries entering the kitchen.
- Reduced menu. Dine-in service will include a slightly reduced food and drink menu from what was offered pre-COVID-19. The reduced menu size will accommodate more efficient kitchen operations and will give staff a safe space to work in.
- Employee screenings. Staff members will have their temperature checked prior to each shift. Any employee that is experiencing any symptoms associated with COVID-19 has been told to not come to work. If symptoms are noticed by management upon their check-in procedure, that staff member will be immediately sent home.