Once again, Missoula’s favorite annual theatrical production The Rocky Horror Show Live! will return to the Wilma for two nights and four shows: an early and late showing on Friday, October 25th and Saturday, October 26th. To help you gear up for the shenanigans, the Rocky crew has put together an extensive FAQ list. Take a look below.
Q: IS THIS A SHOWING OF THE MOVIE, BUT WITH ACTORS LIP SYNCHING ON STAGE?
A: Definitely not. While we respect these cross-over performances (called “Shadow Casts”), we perform the original stage production with a live performers and band. tWe have so many talented and creative people on our team, and we want to share their talents with you in our own way, not just re-creating someone else’s work.
Q: IF I HAVE NEVER SEEN THE MOVIE, WILL I ENJOY THE SHOW?
A: Absolutely! As the movie ages, many of our audience have never seen the film, but still LOVE this production. The movie is great, but we offer our own unique interpretation of the original show. And all audience participation is explained before the show. You certainly won’t feel ‘out of the loop’ and will finally understand why this show is such a cult classic!
Q: DO YOU ENCOURAGE AUDIENCE PARTICIPATION?
A: Yes… oh HELL YES! We want you to do the Time Warp, call Brad an A$$hole, and squirt water like it’s goin’ out style! BUT, there are some important things to note:
• The awesome folks that run the Wilma have asked that you leave your rice, toast, hot dogs and toilet paper at home. I know, I know, but If we want to keep using this iconic space for our show year after year, we gotta be good guests. But approved alternatives will be available in the “Prop Bags” for sale at the show, so don’t you fret!
• This is a live show with real live people on stage. Call backs are awesome, but heckling is for a$$holes (like Brad).
• The original live show varies from the movie, so don’t be butt hurt if your favorite line or scene isn’t there.
• Any thrown items should go UP and BACK, NOT onto the stage or toward the actors. Water from your squirt gun could ruin a microphone, and any items on stage can be downright dangerous when you are walking in big (sexy) heels.
• We want you to have ALL THE FUN, but always be respectful to the performers, your fellow audience members, and the beautiful Wilma.
• While (let’s face it) we are going to make a mess, ANY help you can offer with cleanup after the show is VERY appreciated. Just grabbing a handful of cards and your drink cup(s) makes a big difference. After blowing your minds for 2 hours, our amazing cast has to clean the theatre for our next show. So if you liked what you saw and want to thank them (and you WILL) take a couple seconds to clean up!
Q: SHOULD I BRING MY OWN PROPS?
A: You can, but it is much easier to buy a bag with everything you’ll need at the performance. They are affordable as possible, and the proceeds go directly to supporting our performers and covering the massive costs of putting on the show. And again, please NO RICE, TOAST, HOT DOGS or TOILET PAPER.
Q: SHOULD I DRESS UP?
A: Silly Virgin… OF COURSE you should dress up! You can go for your favorite character, your funky fresh Halloween costume, or just your skankiest attire. Just avoid the big hats and bulky costumes that might ruin the show for someone else. Or don’t dress up, see if we care, but you’ll regret it…
Q: IS THERE AGE LIMITATIONS FOR THE SHOW?
A: Though Rocky contains mature content, partial nudity, naughty language, and alien transvestites, there are NO age limits for audience members. We would encourage minors to get permission, but this is ART people! Just don’t blame us if you get grounded. Also, adult beverages will be available before and during the show, so if you’re not old enough to drink, avoid the MIP and skip the hangover.
Q: IS THERE A “DE-VIRGINATION” CEREMONY FOR NEWBIES?
A: You betcha! Before the show, we encourage anyone who has never attended a Rocky performance to come on stage. It’s a fun rite of passage! But you don’t have to, you big baby.
Q: IS THE ANY MERCHANDISE AVAILABLE?
A: After being harassed like crazy over the last few years (alright, we get it… simmer down!) We will have some fly-ass posters and pimping t-shirts available.
Cash only Kittens…
Q: WHERE DOES MY HARD EARNED MONEY GO?
A: We do our damndest to keep ticket prices as affordable as possible, but let’s face it: This is no bargain basement show! Just to get the legal rights to produce it is a five-figure price tag. And while the Wilma is VERY accommodating to us, their world-class venue isn’t cheap. We also pay our actors and band! Not much, unfortunately, but they commit So Much Time to our show and we want to give them some love. Then, there is the entire team of people you don’t see on stage: all of our designers, managers, and other artists… it truly takes a village to raise a Rocky!
Not to mention building an entire castle on the stage, getting the word out about the show, or all of the fabulous costumes. Fun fact: the skimpier the clothing, the pricier it is! We pride ourselves in offering the highest production value, with the most talented local performers and artists, in the best venue in town… because Dammit, Janet you deserve it! Thank you for supporting our amazing team with your hard earned dollars and bringing all your stupefying energy year after year!
WHO CAN I CONTACT WITH OTHER QUESTIONS?
Feel free to send us an email at [email protected]
Tickets & more info for each showing are in the event pages below.