Recently, we sat down with prolific local musician and frontman for Letter B, Jordan Lane. If you’re not familiar with Letter B, they’re a Missoula-based band that blend folk, rock, & “indie-hip-pop”…. and they put on a heck of a live show.
They’re particularly excited for their upcoming concert at the Top Hat on Saturday, Nov. 16th. Here’s why:
• Earning the title of “One Woman Tour De Force,” Maiah Wynne will be opening for Letter B. Born in Missoula, Maiah has since moved to Portland, OR to further pursue her career in music, which has been going quite well. She won the international “Music from the Moon” contest with her original song “Show the World,” has toured with Portland Cello Project, and was hailed by NPR as “Haunting…a fresh take on music that echoes back to the sounds of Appalachian folk tunes.”
• Emmet Ore will be sitting in with Letter B, playing guitar for the duration of the show. A multi instrumentalist and fellow Missoulian, Emmet’s most notably the lead guitarist for the band Shakewell, who’ve been voted as one of Missoula’s best bands in 2016 and 2017.
• Letter B will be playing 5 new songs from their forthcoming EP, Learn to Live With It. They’re currently in the process of recording and mastering the tracks which should drop later this year.
Aside from the Top Hat show, Jordan gave us a few other bits of interesting info…
• As the colder months ensue, the touring slows for Letter B. However, that’s when the band really hits the studio. In addition to the new EP, the band is already gearing up for the release of their self-titled full length studio album, which should drop in 2020.
• Speaking of 2020, Letter B is already booking shows starting next March, going all the way until November. Looking that far into the future, Jordan said it’s important to note how much tighter the band has gotten over the years, both musically and personally.
• He thinks their friendship is vital to their success and says, “We all have to ride in the same van.” Their tour van happens to be Jordan’s, which he said is currently undergoing some remodeling (#VanLife), but will certainly be ready and better than ever before they hit the road next year. They’ll probably be recording some more Jean Claude Van Jam sessions too.
P.S. Jordan said that they’re working on a couple extra bells and whistles production-wise for the show at the Top Hat this Saturday. What exactly does that mean? You’ll have to come to the show to find out! Show details here.