Going Green Guide: How to Be a Sustainable Concertgoer and Its Reward
As the 2019 KettleHouse Amphitheater season approaches, Logjam wants to make sure that you’re aware of all the ways you can become a more sustainable concertgoer. This Going Green Guide will help you do just that, and there might even be some extra incentives while you’re at it. Just make sure you read until the end 😉
Going Green Guide
Transportation: Bike, carpool, or shuttle to the show (or even walk/run).
• A bike trip from Downtown Missoula to KettleHouse Amphitheater is less than 9 miles and only takes about 45 minutes. Not to mention it’s a gorgeous ride, can save you money, and of course is a great mode of sustainable transportation.
• Carpooling is simple and can be fairly gas efficient, but if you plan on parking in the Amp parking lot, you’ll need to purchase a parking pass. Also, please make sure you always have a sober driver. Both Uber and Lyft will make trips to and from the Amp.
• Shuttles are fun, easy, and very convenient. The Top Hat shuttle takes you to the Amp and back to the Top Hat once the show is over. All you have to do is purchase a round trip shuttle pass and most of the work is done for you. Plus, you get to ride along with friends and fellow fans, which can be pretty awesome!
Hydration: Ditch the plastic.
• Bring an empty reusable bottle or steel pint cup to fill with water once you’re inside the venue. Water fill stations are located at each bar.
• If you don’t bring your own water bottle, you can purchase Logjam Aluminum Water Bottles from the bar.
• You can also purchase Klean Kanteen Reusable Cups & Water Bottles inside the venue. The Klean Kanteen steel pint cups can be filled with beer too!
Compost/Recycling: Everything served at the KettleHouse Amphitheater is compostable or recyclable.
• All of our cups, plates, cutlery, food scraps, straws, napkins, and paper towels are compostable and should go in the green compost bins.
• Cans, aluminum bottles, tickets, paper, and non-compostable plastic should go in the blue recycling bins.
• If you bring anything that’s not recyclable or compostable, please make sure it goes in the landfill bin.
• Most importantly, please abide by the “Leave No Trace” principle. Before you leave the venue, please make sure to pick up all your waste and dispose of it in the proper place, whether that’s the compost, recycling, or landfill bin.
THE REWARD – Season Photo Contest
Taking the shuttle with your friends? Biking? Using your reusable water bottle or steel pint cup at a show? First of all, nice work! But besides just feeling good about being sustainable, we’d like to reward your efforts! Logjam is hosting a season long photo contest to reward people who showcase their sustainable efforts on social media.
Here’s how you enter to win:
• Snap a photo of you and/or your friends representing the Going Green Guide in action. Pretty much anything listed above counts.
• Post the photo to Instagram using #ZeroByFifty and tag @LogjamPresents.
• Each month from June to September 2019, Logjam will choose someone to win a merch package.
It’s as simple as that! Now all you have to do is take action and make sure you have fun while you do it.
We’ll see you all soon and hopefully often. We have our biggest season yet at the Amp with 23 events!
P.S. Remember that $1 from every ticket purchased to a KettleHouse Amphitheater event gets donated to the Blackfoot River Fund — a fund dedicated to conserving and protecting the beautiful Blackfoot River. Last year ,with your help, we raised over $106,000.