Reopening Responsibly: Reconnecting with our community in the new normal
Top Hat Restaurant & Bar is open with limited capacity in-house dining and take-out
VIEW a detailed list of preventative measures we are taking to ensure the safety of patrons and our staff.
Sunday Brunch Specials: 9 AM – 1 PM
*Menu updated weekly
potato egg bake | 5
potato, onion, red bell pepper, cheddar cheese
sausage potato egg bake | 6
maple pork sausage, potato, onion, red bell pepper, cheddar cheese
biscuits & gravy | 10
home-made biscuits, local berkshire pork sausage gravy
shrimp & grits | 12
poached egg, andouille sausage, etouffee, cheddar grits
smoked salmon eggs benedict | 14
house-smoked maple pork belly, sourdough english muffin, smoked salmon, dill hollandaise
fresh fruit | 6.5
melon, strawberries, blueberries
“kids” biscuit board | 6
house-made biscuit, side house-made raspberry jelly, fresh fruit (you don’t have to be a kid to order this)
buttermilk battered fried chicken biscuit | 6
house-made biscuit, tillamook cheddar, runny egg, cajun aioli
prosciutto egg burger | 15
crispy prosciutto, fried egg, lemon garlic dressed arugula, pickled pepper relish, aioli, dijon mustard, cheddar cheese
bacon | 2
three slices of daily’s bacon
mimosa | 3
champagne, orange juice
bloody mary | 7
vodka house-infused with garlic, dill, jalapeño, celery & carrots
spicy szechuan noodle bowl
rice noodles, onions, peppers, broccoli, mushrooms, snap peas, thai chili oil, gluten free soy sauce | DF, GF
steak 15 | chicken 12 | salmon 15 | shrimp 12 | seitan (not GF) 12
ginger pork lettuce wraps | 13
montana raised ground pork, mushrooms, cashews, pickled onions, red cabbage, apples, carrots | DF, GF
thai red curry rice bowl | 12
onion, peppers, snap peas, carrots, lemongrass, ginger,coconut milk, lime, cilantro, thai basil, basmati rice,available mild or spicy | DF, GF
choice of chicken, shrimp, tofu, seitan (not GF)
sweet potato steak | 14
fried brussels sprouts, local oyster mushrooms, shallots, ginger sherry gastrique | V, GF
italian pork sausage spaghetti squash | 14
house-made local berkshire pork sausage, onions, red bell peppers, mushrooms, cabbage, coconut oil, apples, roasted pepitas, house-made cashew lemon herb ricotta | DF, GF, P
poke bowl | 16
wild-caught ahi, cucumber, avocado, radish, basmati rice, sriracha aioli, green onion, sesame seeds, local microgreens | DF, GF
wisconsin cheddar burger | 13.5
mannix grass fed beef, white cheddar sauce, local bacon, fried onions, garlic aioli
pickled avocado burger | 14
mannix grass fed beef, pepper infused pickled avocado, tillamook cheddar cheese, local bacon, dressed shredded lettuce, garlic aioli
classic cheeseburger | 13
mannix grass fed beef, sharp cheddar, dressed greens, tomatoes, onions, house-made pickles, smoked tomato aioli
chimichurri fried chicken sandwich | 12.5
chimichurri aioli, house-made pickles, cilantro carrot slaw, pickled red onions
spicy jerk chicken wrap | 12
cilantro carrot cabbage slaw, habanero pineapple hot sauce, pepper jack cheese, organic spinach herb wrap
fish tacos | 12.5
fresh cod, kettlehouse cold smoke beer batter, pico de gallo, cabbage slaw
thai pork tacos | 11.5
cucumbers, pickled carrots, radishes, cilantro, thai pepper peanut coconut sauce | DF
thai vegan tacos | 11.5
seitan, cucumbers, pickled carrots, radishes, cilantro, thai pepper peanut coconut sauce | DF
avocado shrimp salad | small 7 | large 14
arugula, shrimp, avocado, red bell peppers,red onions, basil vinaigrette | DF, GF
baby kale caesar | small 7 | large 11
parmesan, garlic croutons*
ahi niçoise | 16
wild-caught ahi tuna, apple cider turmeric vinaigrette,red wine jammy egg, herb roasted potatoes,garlic dill brined green beans, radish, olive | DF, GF
seitan 4 | steak 7 | chicken 4 | shrimp 5 | wild pacific salmon 7
granny smith apple tart | 8
almond streusel, sea salt caramel, big dipper vanilla bean ice cream | VG
kettlehouse 16 oz cans
four-pack 8 | case 32
northwest ipa, fresh bongwater & eddy out
domestic 16 oz cans
six-pack 6 | case 24
miller lite, coors, coors light, bud, bud light, olympia, rainier & kokanee
domestic 12 oz bottles
six-pack 6 | case 24
miller light, miller high life, coors, coors light, bud, & bud light
poor farmer cider 12 oz cans
six-pack 8 | case 32
classic & hopped
white claw 12 oz cans
six-pack 7 | case 28
mango & raspberry
–while supplies last–
Why local partners such as the Mannix Family Farm? The Top Hat Restaurant & Bar strives to incorporate the best ingredients in our house-made eats. With Mannix, we are using 100% grass-fed beef, that is dry aged for optimal flavor and tenderness. There are no feedlots or grain used in raising the beef. No growth hormones or antibiotics used. Taste the difference.
More than just a salad. The Top Hat Restaurant and Bar is offering a series of health-conscious specials designed for those who are tired of modifying restaurant dishes to meet a more restrictive diet.
Incorporating ingredients such as lean meats, fish, fruit, vegetables, healthy oils and nuts while excluding grains, dairy products, and processed foods. Many of the entrees will meet the requirements of a paleo diet while staying true to the Top Hat model – locally sourced and house-made.
VG = vegetarian | DF = dairy free | GF = gluten free | V = vegan | P = paleo
Working in close partnership with the Missoula City-County Health Department, the Top Hat Restaurant has taken the following precautions to limit exposure to COVID-19
- Cashless Transactions. The Top Hat will be moving towards a cashless environment, encouraging all customers to pay by card.
- Social distancing between all tables. The restaurant will significantly reduce its maximum occupancy so that tables can be spaced at least 6 feet apart from each other.
- Controlled customer flow. A hostess will manage the arrival and seating of customers with a designated waiting area near the front door.
- Groups limited to six patrons. While all tables will be spaced 6 feet apart, no single table will be allowed to have more than six customers. This is in compliance with the Missoula Health Department guidance.
- Protective face masks for all staff. All kitchen, delivery, and front of house staff will be required to wear protective face masks while on duty. Servers will be required to turn in their masks after each shift for our custodial staff to wash. This will ensure all face masks remain sterile and clean for each new shift.
- In-depth staff training. All staff will be required to participate in our COVID-19 training prior to working any shifts.
- Frequent server hand washing. Through discussions with the Missoula Health Department, we have determined that constant hand washing is more effective than wearing gloves. As a result, servers will be required to constantly wash their hands throughout their shift, but will not be wearing gloves.
- Dedicated sanitization staff. Dedicated bussers will be responsible for clearing tables after each seating and will fully sanitize tables prior to the next seating.
- Continuous sanitization. Top Hat staff will continue thorough and frequent sanitation practices in the dining room, bathrooms, server stations, and kitchen area during service hours.
- Daily deep clean. Our in-house custodian staff will conduct a deep clean each day before service.
- No bar seating. All bar seating will be removed from the Top Hat to limit exposure between customers and staff.
- Spaced out server stations. Properly spaced server wells will now occupy the bar space to minimize the grouping of servers.
- Disposable menus. The Top Hat will only offer disposable menus for our table service. All menus will be thrown out after each service.
- Strict compliance of all deliveries. The Top Hat will require all vendors and third-party partners to wear protective face masks when entering any portion of the Top Hat. Additionally, the Top Hat staff will wipe down and fully sanitize all food and beverage deliveries prior to those deliveries entering the kitchen.
- Reduced menu. Dine-in service will include a slightly reduced food and drink menu from what was offered pre-COVID-19. The reduced menu size will accommodate more efficient kitchen operations and will give staff a safe space to work in.
- Employee screenings. Staff members will have their temperature checked prior to each shift. Any employee that is experiencing any symptoms associated with COVID-19 has been told to not come to work. If symptoms are noticed by management upon their check-in procedure, that staff member will be immediately sent home.