Backcountry Film Fest
The Wilma & Montana Backcountry Alliance present the 13th Annual Winter Wildlands Alliance Backcountry Film Festival, showing in Missoula on February 2, 2018 at The Wilma. All proceeds benefit Montana Backcountry Alliance.
Tickets are on sale now at The Top Hat, online or by phone at (877) 987-6487. All tickets are general admission seating with fixed theatre seating available in the balcony on a first come, first served basis. All ages are welcome.
Additional ticketing and venue information can be found here.
About Backcountry Film Fest
Montana Backcountry Alliance’s mission is to preserve quality traditional human-powered winter recreation experiences, reduce conflict, improve opportunity, and promote safety among backcountry winter users in Montana.
The Backcountry Film Festival is produced by Winter Wildlands Alliance as a celebration of the human-powered experience and a gathering place for the backcountry snow sports community. Winter Wildlands Alliance is a national nonprofit organization that partners with groups like Montana Backcountry Alliance at the local level to inspire and educate the backcountry community to protect and care for their winter landscapes. Funds raised at each screening stay in the local community to support human-powered recreation and conservation efforts, winter education and avalanche/safety programs and to raise awareness of winter management issues.
Adventure, environment and climate, youth outdoors, ski culture- you’ll find it all in this award winning lineup. Films in this year’s program include:
- The Space Within, DPS Skis Cinematic | 5 min 28 sec
- Ruth Gorge, Noah Howell | 8 min 1 sec
- Below 0, Itai Hagage | 4 min 54 sec
- The End of Snow, Jane Zelikova and Morgan Heim | 20 min 35 sec
- Follow Through, Anya Miller and Becca Cahall | 21 min 48 sec
- Genesis, Ben Sturgulewski and Dan Pizza | 5 min 50 sec
- Idaho 12ver Project, Mark Ortiz | 12 min 10 sec
- Adventure Not War, Max Lowe | 7 min 35 sec